Holidays such as Memorial Day, the Fourth of July, and Labor Day to name a few are synonymous with get togethers with family and friends. That usually entails making something that evokes the spirit of the holiday. For this past Memorial Day (and probably for every other patriotic holiday moving forward), I made a really cute and delicious patriotic fruit salad. It was super easy!
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Star-shaped cookie cutter
- Blueberries (amount depends on the number of guests expected)
This is all you have to do:
- Cut the water melon into slices. I used a seedless watermelon, so if you are using a seeded one, you can pick the seeds out if you’d like.
- With the star-shaped cookie cutter, make as many stars as you can. You can save the extra watermelon to make watermelon water (or watermelon-infused vodka for the after party).
- Clean the blueberries. We found some nice-sized ones at the farmer’s market – they were really yummy too!
- Peel the lychee and remove the pits. Luckily, there was a stand set up near our house selling lychee – so odd, BUT perfect timing!
- Put all ingredients onto a tray or into a bowl.
You’re done! Seriously…it is the easiest, cutest fruit salad to make.