Some Fun Winter Comfort Drinks
It’s wintertime and you know what that means – hot chocolate and lots of whipped cream! Well, this is the conventional route that many of us will want to go down. But there are lots of other options out there that can give you just as much comfort during winter. Drinks that have lots of flavor, color, and plenty of yum factor! They have to be made in a certain way but don’t worry, we’ve got you covered with the recipes too.
Winter cider isn’t like any old cider, it’s got a little punch to it. Hot spiced cider is amazing when you have some crackers and a cheese board in front of you too. This is one of my hubby’s favorite winter comfort drinks.
You need to have…
- You need about 3 liters of cider. Yes, 3! But make sure that it is a mixed cider as a single variety cider can turn very bitter or too sweet.
- Next, you need about 10-12 cloves. These will give the cider body. They slowly release a fruity but earthy flavor.
- 1 stick of cinnamon. Obviously, this is the spice. You will need to put this in and not stir it too much otherwise the punch can be too hostile to the nose.
- And finally, about a quarter teaspoon of nutmeg. We recommend you buy it but you can add it fresh. Fresh might be too overpowering if your cider is already mild, so watch out.
Fruit juice smoothies are wonderful during the winter. They are flavorful and they can be just what the doctor ordered if you are sick. But getting the right press is the main issue.
So many of us think we need conventional juices which are just blending machines really. With a juice press though, like the type on goodnature.com you can make really great smoothies.
Fruit juice smoothies are easy to make with the X-1 Mini cold press because the higher pressure allows for fruits that are still maybe a little too young to be thrown in too. You can put in a hard apple or a fresh pear and unlike other juicers, this one won’t waste half of it. Granted the flavor will be much stronger, but you can heat it up and make it milder. This one of the different winter comfort drinks, but very tasty nonetheless!
Praline lattes are a pastime in countries like Austria and Switzerland. They were mainly drinking common in villages but they have since made their way onto the mainstream scene. You will need the following:
- Praline puree or syrup. About 1 or 2 tablespoons will be fine. Torani Marron is the top brand in this.
- You can also use cinnamon sugar syrup or just melted brown sugar with spice thrown in.
- You need 8 oz of milk, preferably full fat!
- Then just 2 shots of your favorite espresso.
Some of the best winter comfort drinks are those that we are yet to try. I wasn’t privy to the hot fruit smoothie until I tried it…it’s definitely worth the effort!