This beautiful specimen of deliciousness is a Watermelon Cucumber Cooler. I’ll take 2!
I found this recipe on Pinterest, but it originated via Martha Stewart’s site. Serve it in a glass pitcher or pour it individually as guests arrive.
WATERMELON CUCUMBER COOLER RECIPE
- 5 cups cubed seedless watermelon (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- 1 large English cucumber, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice (from 2 limes)
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2/3 cup vodka
- Cucumber slices, for garnish
- Set a large fine-mesh sieve over a large bowl or pitcher. In a food processor or blender, puree watermelon. Pour watermelon puree through a sieve, pressing on solids with a rubber spatula (you should have about 2 cups juice). Puree English cucumber and pour through a sieve into watermelon juice.
- In a small bowl or measuring cup, stir together lime juice and honey. Add to watermelon and cucumber juices, along with vodka. Adjust sweetness with more honey if desired. To serve, fill four glasses with ice and top each with a cocktail. Garnish with cucumber slices.