Get ready for a refreshing drink!
There’s something about a drink with cucumber in it. I was first introduced to cucumber water at a spa. It was delicious so I looked into the health benefits of cucumber and there were many! Cucumbers contain:
- An anti-inflammatory flavonol called fisetin which plays a role in brain health.
- Numerous antioxidants including the well-known vitamin C and beta-carotene
- Vitamin K, B vitamins, copper, potassium, vitamin C, and manganese that can help you to avoid nutrient deficiencies that are widespread among those eating a typical American diet.
- Biotin (strengthens your hair and nails)
- Silica (great for your nails)
When we go out for date nights or with a group of friends, I tend to lean toward a drink with cucumber. All of those health benefits – it’s a no-brainer.
We entertain a lot at home, poolside, so I wanted to look for a drink recipe that is refreshing and delicious using cucumbers. I found this one in a magazine (I forgot the name!) and tweaked it a bit. It called for a lot more simple syrup than we used. I don’t like my drinks overly sweet.
YOU WILL NEED:
- 1 English cucumber, peeled and sliced
- 1 bottle Lillet Blanc (I found this at Total Wine)
- 1 bottle Pellegrino
- 3 limes
- Mint for garnish
- Puree the cucumber in a blender or food processor and then add it to a large pitcher.
- Stir the Lillet and Pellegrino into the pitcher.
- Muddle or squeeze the 3 limes and add to the pitcher as well.
- Add a mint garnish.
- Serve over ice and enjoy!
This drink is nice and light – and super YUMMY! Some other cucumber drinks I enjoy making are:
- Cucumber Watermelon Spritzer
- Compilation of Cucumber Drink Recipes
- Cucumber Vodka Drink
Are there any cucumber drinks you like? Would this be a drink you would try?