July 4th is around the corner – the perfect time to get together with family and friends! I am all about creating something that is indicative of the holiday (also something a little on the healthy side because there’s always so much junk food around).
My patriotic fruit salad has been a hit each and every time I make it – with the adults and the KIDS (that’s a huge win within itself!). It is extremely easy to make.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Star-shaped cookie cutter
- Blueberries (amount depends on the number of guests expected)
This is all you have to do:
- Cut the watermelon into slices. I used a seedless watermelon, so if you are using a seeded one, you can pick the seeds out if you’d like.
- With the star-shaped cookie cutter, make as many stars as you can. You can save the extra watermelon to make watermelon water (or watermelon-infused vodka for the after party).
- Clean the blueberries. We found some nice-sized ones at the farmer’s market – they were really yummy too!
- Peel the lychee and remove the pits. Luckily, there was a stand set up near our house selling lychee – so odd, BUT perfect timing!
- Put all ingredients on a tray or into a bowl.
You’re done! You could always swap out the watermelon for strawberries or raspberries (but then you wouldn’t have the super cute stars).