Lemons enhance beauty, health and are a great aid to lose weight. Below are five interesting facts about lemons…there are so many more!
- Lemon rinds contain more antioxidants than the juice. Freeze the rinds and add them to tea, soups, etc.
- Cut a lemon lengthwise to get the most juice out of it. I still forget to do this every now and then. I think I need to print this list up and put it on my fridge!
- Are you a self-tanner? Put too much on in one area? Squeeze half of a lemon over that darker area and rub the wedge on it. Rinse and repeat a few times. The citric acid in the lemon helps to lift the stain.
- Are your fingernails needing a little TLC? Cut a lemon in half and put your fingers into the pulp, making sure that the full nail is covered by the pulp. Let them sit for 10 minutes.
- Believe it or not, drinking warm lemon water in the morning instead of that cup of coffee will aid in digestion, is an excellent source of vitamin C, and helps flush out toxins, among other things!
Do you have any interesting facts about lemons you’d like to share? I’d love to hear about them!